DPSI RV Mini 5 (2008)
- Battery Switch (Dual Power Supply) for 5/6 cell NiCad/NiMH, as well as LiIon/LiPo batteries (e.g. LONGGO)
- SDVS - Selectable Dual Voltage Supply for discrete receiver and servo voltage provisioning:
- Receiver voltage switchable between 5.2V and 5.9V
- Servo voltage switchable between 5.9V and 7.4V
- Current distribution of 5 receiver channels to 8 servos (additional servos directly connectable to receiver)
- Intelligent voltage monitoring including optically and acoustically error indication
- Suitable to all battery types due to low drop out technology
- The used battery type can easily be programmed (and therefore the correct low voltage detection)
Delivery includes switch actuator, MPX high current connectors, 5 patch cables, operation instructions
|Dimensions:|| ||99mm x 77mm x 15,8mm (L x B x H)|
General information to DPSI RV series
The voltage for the receiver AND the servos is regulated at a constant value for the first time in this new range of products. The problems that arise with traditional fully loaded 5-cell batteries are therefore eliminated. The entire receiver station is now supplied with stable voltage, which the user can adjust via jumper to a range of 4.8 to 6.0 volts. Thus allowance is made for every type of application.
For the first time, a micro-controller is integrated into the DPSI RV, which monitors the battery voltages by means of an intelligent algorithm. When the battery (or batteries) is/are 60-70% discharged, this status is acoustically announced by a built-in buzzer. This rules out the risk of empty batteries. There is always enough reserve to complete a flight and then charge the batteries.
The generous dimensions of the cooling surfaces and the voltage control now make it possible to use new battery technology such as lithium-ion or lithium-polymer cells. These extremely light cells have an energy density up to 400% greater than NiCd cells, for example. This means: high capacity with low weight. The LONGGO batteries are the premium product among the lithium-polymer power sources. Two selected and matched lithium-polymer cells are each assembled on a high performance receiver battery, which is available in four different capacities. 1200 milli amps/h at 2.1 oz(60g) weight, 1500 milli amps/h at 3 oz (85grams), 2000 milli amps/h at 4.3 oz (122grams) and 3300 milli amps/h at 5.8 oz (167 grams). These batteries can withstand currents of up to 20 amps. With parallel connection of two battery packs by means of the DPSI-RV, peak currents of up to 40 amps are possible without any problems, without the voltage breaking down.